journeys could be intersting .........

Train journeys aren’t as boring as I thought it would be ,….. realized that they can be interesting too .. I had a different experience this time when I traveled …

When I boarded the train I thought that it would be a boring 14 hour journey all alone !! L so I had equipped myself with a magazine and a book to help me pass my time … I sat on my seat and checked my co passengers … mine was the side berth .. I saw that the compartment was already occupied by ppl … on elderly couple… a middle aged couple with their 8-9 year old son and then a bachelor in late 30s …. Ok was a bit relieved that I had some families traveling in my compartment and not a bunch of idiotic nuisance people !!

I settle down with a book and a pack of chips within 15 min after the train started moving …

I could hear some talks like “what time do u sleep?” …” will it stop at ..station “ etc among my co passengers ….

Then that bachelor guy (BG) asked me “madam is that book that interesting ? “
Me: Not really
BG: But u seem to be totally into it
Me: (grrrrrrrr ) I need something to while away my time ..so … reading it
BG: Ok ….

Chalo for my convenience lemme give my co passengers some shortcuts
Bachelor guy – BG
Elderly couple - uncle and aunty
Middle aged couple : bhaiyya n bhabhi J

Some conversations …………..
BG(looking at bhaiyya): ur son sleeps pretty early na
Bhaiyya: Not really … but train mein so jata hai ..
BG: KHana khaa liya tum logon ne ?
Bhaiyya : haan nikalte waqt --- hotel mein khana khaake aaye … abhi bhook nahi hai
BG: pehli baar aaye ho is sheher mein?
Bhaiyya : haan … stayed for 15 days …
BG: kaisa laga ?
Bhaiyya : theek hai ..par………
Bhabhi: khane ka bahut problem hua …
Bg: are kya baat kar rahe ho …yeh tho khan eke maamle bahut famous jagah hai … aap shaayad galat jagah par khaye …
Bhabhi: nahi ji ..achche achche hotelon mein gaye par pasand nahi aaya … chaval bahut de dete hai !!
BG : haan yeh sach hai par swaad bhara khaaana hota hai ..
Bhabhi : hume tho pasand nahi aaya
Bg: galat jagah pe jaake aise mat boliye !!

Sab chup ….
Mbhaiyya bhabhi and kid have their light dinner of some fruits and juices and some snacks and kid climbs up to sleep off …

Our BG is very rest less … unable to spend time again wants to talk …
So picks up a topic …
Asks Uncle …. U had ur dinner is it ?
Uncle: no we will be having it …
BG:oh ok …
Uncle : She (pointing towards aunty) doesn’t eat outside … so we get food whenever we travel …

They have their food … our hero BG wants to show off ..he starts the topic on health and diet …
He starts telling ki he has only fruits at night like apple or mosambi and nothing else … and he feels light in the morning!! Uncle also starts telling about the meditation … and positive thinking …our boss starts adding and boasting that he does this and he is a pure veggie and that he follows a strict diet and all that …

Topics of discussion range from Art of living courses to laooo Prasad yadav being the best railways minister so far !!
Then uncle wants to sleep so a little silence and then uncle bhabhi go to sleep …. Aunty is doing her before sleep routines like taking some tablets and then some breathing exercise … then she takes Vaseline and looks at all of us with an expression “ please don’t mind” … then she puts Vaseline on uncles feet ..uncle murmurs in his sleep so she says “nothing u sleep” …then noticing that we were all starring at her she says “ he will not be able to walk tomorrow morning if he doesn’t put it at night “….. I was stunned at her dedication … then our BG starts “this is our culture and hence India still has some essence and all that … “ Bhaiiya adds to it by telling that … his wife also has sacrificed a lot and has done a lot when he was sick ..then slowly in the conv got to know that bhaiyya has some kidney problem !!

SIGH !!

Couple of hours and I had heard so many things !! and so many topics of discussion too !! woow !! amazing isn’t it ????
These conversations put so many thoughts into my mind … so many different people so many different situations !!
Wife doing so much seva of the pati … and husband acknowledging the same … their business and how many people at home … local food … what they like and how it feels to be back home and all that !!
People showing off with 3 mobile phones … then blaming It industry for rush in blore …


All in all had a good and informative journey !!

Comments

Avinash said…
What a dedication that aunty had.. wooow.. hard to find such people these days.. ;)..

Popular posts from this blog

"Noolinanthe seere .... thaayiyanthe magalu ..." is it true??

Trip to Queen of Hill stations Ooty !!